- Cell phone coverage in the Lubec area is abysmal – print the directions out before you leave!
- Here is a map of the Lubec area with important landmarks.
- Walter and Suzanne Plaut’s phone number (land line) is 207-733-2191.
- If you have questions ahead of time, email jenniferplaut <at> yahoo.com
- Lubec is pronounced “Loo-BECK”, not “LOO-beck”
- Machias is pronounced “Mah-CHI-ass”
- Walter and Suzanne got a phone in 1980, electricity in 1986, an answering machine in 1993, and high-speed wireless in 2008!
- Lubec was just named America’s Third-Best Little Beach Town by Travel and Leisure Magazine! Despite having no easily accessible beaches! (Note the seaweed covered rocks in the showcase photo…)