This is our best guess at what will be going on during the week of the wedding:
Monday 8/23 – Hike to Sandy Beach – a mile-long walk to the only *sandy* beach in Lubec
– jam session in the evening
Tuesday 8/24 – whale watching trip on the Sylvina Beal, a schooner out of Eastport. The boat leaves at 1:30 and returns at 4:30; Eastport is about an hour drive. $37 for adults, $20 for kids under 12. Call Eastport Windjammers at 207-853-2500 to reserve your spot!
– chicken barbecue at the Plauts’ for dinner
Wednesday 8/25 – tours around the area (Tide Mill Farm, etc), Bold Coast Trail hike for those interested
– SummerKeys viola concert at 7:30 at the Congregational Church in Lubec (free)
– dinner on your own, bonfire and s’mores at Quoddy House later on
Thursday 8/26 – Raye’s Mustard Mill tour for those interested
– tent goes up at Quoddy House
– lobster bake at 5:30 and contra dance at 7:00 at Quoddy House ($20 a head to cover lobsters, etc, but talk to us if that’s a hardship)
Friday 8/27 – field day at Quoddy House (or game day inside if it rains); cook our potluck dishes for Saturday
– rehearsal dinner for immediate family and hopefully a group dinner at Quoddy House for everyone else (the tent will be up)
Saturday 8/28 – Wedding ceremony at 3pm followed by pig roast, dancing, etc.
Sunday 8/29 – recovery brunch (Plauts’?)